How to Manage the User Feedback on Your App
Nowadays, user feedback is very important for every mobile app and game developer out there. Developers need to know what their app or game is doing, what it does right, what it does wrong, what their users want and which direction the app should take. It's a good idea to make sure that your feedback is well-managed to ensure that the users are happy and the performance of your application or game is improving, as well as the rating of your app. And as you may know, the app rating is very important for any app out there.
However, there are many things one needs to remember about the user feedback management to use it correctly and keep the mood of the community as positive as possible. It's a good idea to always keep them in mind if you want to get the nice performance from your application or game. Let's take a look at what you can do to manage the user feedback nicely.
A few simple rules to start with feedback app
There are several things you need to know first to make sure that your user feedback management is working out nicely and there are no issues between you and the users. Consider memorizing them to keep the mood as positive as possible:
- Be polite at all times to make sure that your customers are always happy with the way they're treated – even if their opinion on your application or game may not be as positive as you wanted;
- Never get into an argument with the customer – they're the ones bringing food to your table and using your app or playing your game. It's up to them to decide whether they like the app or not, and it's a good idea to listen to them;
- Be obsessive about resolving issues – a caring attitude can get you very far and establish a great understanding between you and your customers.
Sample of a nice app review management
There are several steps involved in the management of mobile apps and games. Consider taking a look at this sample to ensure that you're doing everything properly when it comes to iOS and Android app reviews:
- Read all of the reviews. Take at least an hour a day to read them, both positive and negative ones – this way you will be able to not miss any user concerns or tips on how you can improve your app and what issues are currently present;
- Make sure to thank users for their reviews at all times – even the negative ones. This will show the users that you care about their opinions about your app as well as going to do your best to make sure they're happy about it;
- Whenever you encounter a negative review, stay calm – abide the rules provided before at all times. This way you can make sure that your audience respects you and you're maintaining professional behaviour at all times;
- Talk to the reviewer and try to learn as much about the issue as possible. If it's a critical bug, you will need all information you can get to get to the bottom of this issue and resolve it to keep your customers and return those who are disappointed. Remember – it's always good that someone has informed you about these issues – after all, when one user have had the guts to inform you about the issue in your application or game, ten others have simply uninstalled the app;
- Once you've solved the issue, inform the user about it – this way you can make sure that there is a chance they won't uninstall the app. You need to pay attention to Android and iOS app reviews to make sure you're going through with them all the way until the end;
- Consider asking the user to change their review to reflect the current state of your app. Just don't press them to do it – it's up to them to decide whether they are going to do it or not.